The OPED VACOpedes offers optimal pressure relief in the area of the forefoot and midfoot. The vacuum cushion ensures optimal and individual adjustment even in the event of swelling and also ensures high stability. The rolling sole leads to a physiological and safe gait pattern.
OPED's patented vacuum technology is the modern alternative to plaster and is integral to the VACO range of products. A cushion filled with thousands of styrofoam pearls surrounds the injured body part. When air is extracted from the cushion by using a pump, it becomes hard (like a cast), in just a few seconds. Opening the valve and letting airflow inside the cushion causes it to become soft again, allowing for readjustment to the body part.
This innovative vacuum cushion avoids pressure to the body site and provides stability due to a perfectly shaped orthosis every time.
- Immobilisation of the forefoot with full mobility in the ankle
- Pressure relief in the forefoot area
- Vacuum cushion forms perfectly to individual patient ‘s anatomy and can be adjusted to accommodate swelling and atrophy
- Rocker sole for good pressure distribution, safe and physiological gait
- Adaptable. 3 sizes only (saves storage space)
- Changeable liners for hygiene and comfort
- Easy wound inspection simplifies treatment
- Removable sole for better hygiene
- Traceability by serial number simplifies logistic processes
- Radiolucent. Saves time and gives comfort if x-ray is needed
- Metatarsal Fractures
- Hallux valgus/rigidus
- Arthrodeses of the toe joints
- Hammer toe and claw toe
- Lapidus procedure
Specify shoe size for sizing.